This is my chair!
It sits in my conservatory and the bright stripes really brighten up the room. On first glance it just looks like an ordinary chair. But to me this is no ordinary chair. This is my best upholstery project from last year! For the past year I have spent 3 hours a week, on a Thursday morning, at college learning upholstery and with the support of the tutor I managed to completely strip down, build up and upholster this chair.
This is what the chair looked like before.
Sorry about the blurry photos. They were taken on my phone and are unfortunately the only ones I have. Here are some close ups.
It was yet another eBay bargain. I was able to get this little beauty for £5! I then has to spend money on materials and fabric which cost a pretty penny but even with that it was still a bargain and way cheaper than it would have cost me to buy one brand new. It looks a million times better with its new upholstery.
Yesterday I found myself with itchy fingers and decided that my sofa (which sits in the conservatory with my chair) also needed something. So remembering how I still has some left over fabric from the chair decided to make some matching cushion covers.
I made them into envelope covers as this meant I could take them on and off to wash but I didn’t then need to buy any zips. I already had the cushion pads that needed covers so in my head that means they were…FREE! I do love that word!